I know you want it.
Monday, January 05, 2009
1/05/2009 10:43:00 PM
It makes no difference to me if my world was bright, or dark. The sun rays that used to illuminate my room and the way it reflected through the mirror that hurt my eyes, this memory – I can but pack them nicely beneath my memory bed.

The first morning of this whole ordeal, I woke up on a hard wooden bed; the dress I was wearing was sticking to my body. There was a strong smell of rotting meat and from somewhere near me, I could hear the sounds of big flies’ wings flapping about. I could almost imagine the flies having a big feast on the rotting meat- whatever it was, like moths attracted to flame.

Taking in the sounds and smell of the room, I opened my eyes. It must still be nighttime as the room was pitch dark. I held out my hands and started to feel my way around. The first thing I reached out to was the dressing table beside my bed. It was my favourite piece of furniture in the room. I remembered how my mother used talk to me at the dressing table and in front of the mirror every morning. Every morning till she parted from this world.

The dressing table must have been moved, because it was no longer at the usual place. Why, I thought. I sat back down on the bed and that was when I felt the wooden bed. It was burning hot, like it was left under the sun for a long period of time! I could even feel the warmth of the sunlight on the skin of my palm. Panic aroused me, as I tried to look out for the sun I couldn’t seem to see. Darkness seemed to be burning every part of my pupils till they hurt. I couldn’t understand what was happening.

I buried my face in my hands and every single detail of what happened came coming back to me. When I think of it, I was surprised I’m still alive. That man, it must be that man that did this to me. The darkness, it must have been caused by him. I must find this man who I have never admitted to be my Dad. All i remembered about him was his beer-stenched breath and his crude langauge. No matter how much he had tormented me physically, I was pretty good at pretending he wasn't there, all for the sake of my mother's safety. But not right now, not anymore. I was determined to show him my wrath, my abhorrence.

I stood up and with a new wave of emotion; I felt my way out of the room. I could see nothing but darkness everywhere. Could I even say that I could see darkness? My leg kicked something hard and a loud sound echoed around the house. I bent down and searched for the source of the noise. My fingers touched something slick, long and hot and I picked it up.

Suddenly, a man voiced spoke.

‘Catherine, Catherine my dear. I’m so sorry.’

The man was crying. I used the metal rod that I picked up and using it as a walking stick I walked towards the sound of his voice and found the sofa of which the man was sitting on.

‘You, how could you? I hate you!’ For a moment, all i wanted to do was to inflict as much pain on him as i can with the metal rod but instead I threw it on the floor and felt the hairs on my hands stand to the loud clanking sound.

‘I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let him touch you. All these years, I was too late.’ He said through his sobbing.

‘Where is he now?’

“He’s left. He's on the run. I’m so sorry, Cat. Please, please forgive me.’

Out of the darkness, I could feel my brother sobbing quietly but his sob was full of remorse and agony. It took me so much not to cry out loud, not to scream at the top of my lungs so that the pain in my chest would go away. All these years of torure and physical pain, why, when it all comes to an end, this emotional ache was all I could feel? Revenge was not even anywhere near my mind anymore.

Finally, I broke down and cried. I cried heartily and painfully.

It was all dark. Someone must have turned off my lights.
The APPLE
HSS
NP ECH
Choir'03-06
Prefectorial Board'04-06
HeadFirstForHalos'05
Active member of The Breakfast Crew'06
Until recently an active member of Concern Club'07
Good Apples
PSP
The Sims Games
Sabrina
Snoweeeeeee
Digital Camera
McLAREN MERCEDEZ
Unlimited flow of Soba/Sashimi
New pair of covered shoes
New Spectacles
New sports shoes
New clothes
More spongebobs!
New water bottle
Go Thailand
Solve my rubiks
Take up martial arts/Wushu
Learn dancing,
Drama,
Drums,
Guitar
Slim down
AppleIpod
Samsung E900
Her/You
Search for the apple, friends!
Ivy
Yan Ting
Li Wen
Beat
Debbie
Yu Ping
Brian
Mei qi
Mr Tan
Clara
1A02
Spread the message of my apple.

Thanks for the apple!
layout
image: deviantart
fonts: Dafont
codes/design: Fishpear
the rest: promise !